We stopped into Leslie Reese's kitchen today where she and her daughter Elliotte shared Leslie's original banana bread recipe.
Leslie's Banana Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup defrosted, microwaved, mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sugar and butter 2 loaf pans.
2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and bananas.
3. Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add to banana mixture. Mix well.
4. Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cover with foil immediately after removing from oven for extra moistness.
6. Let cool completely and enjoy!