Kris Farnsworth shared a light, low carb soup recipe that is also diet friendly!
Lemon Rice Soup
- 2 Tlbs. Olive oil or Grapeseed oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Better than bullion chicken flavor
- 2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 1/3 cup fresh Lemon juice about 2 lemons
- Heat oil over medium heat add shallots and onions cook till translucent.
- Add rice and cook till fragrant and starts to lightly change color gets toasty.
- Add chicken broth and bullion and Greek Seasoning.
- Simmer covered 22 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
Toasty bread for garnish:
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough bread
- Sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing on bread
- Kosher salt to sprinkle on bread
Brush bread lightly with oil lightly sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350 degrees till desired crispness.