- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup XyloSweet
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, XyloSweet, maple syrup, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Mix for about 25 seconds.
2. Place the chicken in a medium bowl, coat with the marinade, and cover. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill for 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
Recipe courtesy of Gentleman’s Bistro by Ryan Hogan from Xlear
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.