Emily Gibson joined us today to show us how to make your favorite Waffle Love recipe at home.
- 3/4 cup whole milk, scalded and cooled to warm milk
- 2 tablespoons water, warmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups Belgian pearl sugar
- Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar to the milk and water and add the yeast, stirring to combine.
- Allow the yeast to proof, or get foamy and puffy.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Stir together and add the yeast mixture.
- Place in a standing mixer with the dough hook and add 2 cups of flour. Mix until the dough is thoroughly incorporated, and add the remaining flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for up to 4 hours on the counter
- You can let the dough rest for up to 24 hours covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. The dough will need to sit on the counter and come back to room temperature to use.
- Punch down and knead the pearl sugar into the dough.
- Separate into 8 to 10 balls and place on a hot, greased waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown and serve with biscoff, whipped cream and fresh berries.