Meryl Van Der Merwe, CEO and Founder of Jafflz shares her favorite recipe.
Hanoi Jaffle™ Recepie
- o Pork Butt or Shoulder
- o White Bread or Wheat Bread
- o Unsalted Butter
- o Aji Mirin
- o Ginger
- o Hoisin Sauce
- o Plum Sauce
- o Rice Vinegar
- o Soy Sauce
Braise pork in the marinade for 6 hours in a crock pot or 320’F oven or until tender
- o Rice Vinegar
- o Sugar
- o Carrots (sliced)
- o Cucumber (sliced)
- o Daikon (sliced)
- o Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
Heat sugar and vinegar solution and allow to cool. Marinade the sliced veggies for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- o Pre-heat Jaffle irons on the grill or fire
- o Lightly coat the inside of the iron with butter or non-stick spray
- o Place the shredded pork onto the slice of bread and top with the strained slaw and fresh cilantro
- o Drizzle with hoisin sauce and cover with second slice of bread
- o Place the jaffle in the iron, close to seal and remove the crusts.
- o Place in the fire on the grill until golden brown.
- o Serve with assorted salads or soups
The Park City Food and Wine Classic is a premier destination event for master winemakers, culinary greats, and connoisseurs, offering all the opportunity to wine and dine in beautiful Park City, Utah. More than 100 food artisans, wineries, breweries, distilleries, epicurean purveyors and locally-made products take part in the festival. Activities include food and wine tastings, seminars and cooking demonstrations. To learn more, visit www.parkcityfoodandwineclassic.com.
A Utah father of 8 has invented the World's first ProBiotic…
There's a new restaurant in town that you need to…
Some of your favorite desserts, vegan style!