- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- sea salt
- 1 15oz. can garbanzo beans, blanched (optional)
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted & halved
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsps. cup lemon juice, fresh
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Heat water in covered saucepan until right under boiling point. Add couscous and pinch of sea salt.
- Turn heat off and let stand 5-10 minutes. Use back of fork to fluff couscous into large bowl.
- After couscous is cooled, add vegetables, olives and beans and gently mix in dressing.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Whisk sea salt, oregano, black pepper and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Then slowly whisk in olive oil until it is creamy in color.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.