Pumpkin Funnel Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1.Heat some oil in a pan to cook the funnel cakes in.
2. In the meantime, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt, brown sugar to a bowl. Add in ONLY 1 tsp of the cinnamon and then whisk it all together.
3. Add in the egg, pumpkin and milk. Whisk together until smooth. Place batter in a quart sized freezer bag and set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix the remaining 1 tsp cinnamon with the powdered sugar and set aside.
5. Once the oil has reached 375 degrees, cut off a small corner of the bag and pipe some of the batter into the hot oil in a circular pattern. Let cook for a few seconds, until golden brown and then flip over (using a fork or tongs).Cook other side for a few more seconds until golden brown.
6. Remove the funnel cake with a fork or tongs and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Dust with the cinnamon powdered sugar and enjoy warm!
7. Repeat process with remaining batter. Makes about 6 funnel cakes.