Tip #232 or 234 – Orson Gygi’s
2 large Marshmallows cut in half
1 small Marshmallow
2 black Jelly Beans
Tube of Black ready to use Gel
Lemon Yellow & Kelly Green coloring (Wilton brand) - can find at JoAnn’s or Michaels craft stores
· Color ½ cup Buttercream icing in lemon Yellow & ½ cup Kelly green
· After icing is colored in green, put it in a Piping bag with Tip 232 or 234
· Squeeze bag and pull upward to create “grass” look, cover entire cupcake
· Ice cupcake and roll in chocolate sprinkles, make sure sides are covered too.
· Using a small amount of black icing attach large Marshmallows to cupcake, then add black jelly beans and pipe 3 tear shaped dots on the other half of large marshmallow to create his feet.
· Add small marshmallow above the 2 large marshmallow for the bunny’s tail.
· Arrange on a plate with bunny in the middle of several grass cupcakes
· Optional: you can add Easter candy to grass cupcakes.
Easter Chick Cupcake decorations:
· Yellow Sprinkles
· Chocolate Chips
· Orange triangle sprinkles – JoAnn’s or Michaels
· Tip #1 & 103 or 104
· Ice the cupcake with a yellow icing
· Roll the cupcake including the edges of the cupcake in yellow sprinkles
· Place chocolate chips upside down in cupcake to create eyes
· Put orange triangle sprinkle under the eyes
· Put 2 at the bottom to create the feet
· After icing is colored in yellow, put it in a Piping bag with Tip 103 or 104
· Using a up and down motion create wings on each side of cupcake
· Using a small amount of white icing put it in a Piping bag with Tip 1 and put dots on the chocolate chips to create the eyes
· 1/2 cup solid white vegetable shortening (Crisco)
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (not margarine) softened
· 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract (can use different flavors)
· 4 cups powdered sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
· 3 tablespoons water
Makes: About 2 ½ cups of icing.
In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla & water
Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all powdered sugar has been mixed in, beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 3 months
Rewhip before using.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.