Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cherry juice (from maraschino cherry jar)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 30-36 jarred maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice (from maraschino cherry jar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter & both sugars with mixer. Add eggs one at a time and mix in.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup dry mixture to butter mixture. Blending after each addition just until combined and scraping side of mixer bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla and 2 teaspoons cherry juice and mix just until combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Butter hands and roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Using thumb press small indentation in center of cookie and place maraschino cherry in hole.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk on low. When melted add cherry juice.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
A rich and soft treat for any occasion!
While those of us here in America celebrated the New Year over a…
Layer flavors into this amazing dish!