Ricci Sorensen joined us in today's segment to make a healthy version of an inspired rich Irish creamy potato soup.
Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (fine diced or pressed)
- 4 stems of celery (diced)
- 4-5 sticks of carrots (diced)
- 1 small bag of Red Potatoes (diced)
- 2 - 32 oz. boxes of veggie broth
- Dried onion
- Dried garlic
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 cups of chopped Kale
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- In a pot on medium low heat, add a couple tablespoons avocado oil or just a little veggie broth. Sauté onions and garlic, season with 2 tsp. dried onions, 1 tsp. dried garlic, sprinkle with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Keep heat low, so you don't burn the garlic. Cover and sauté for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Then, add carrots and celery, stir. Season with onion & garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and sauté a few minutes.
- Next, add the potatoes, broth, 2 pinches of dried rosemary, season again. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to medium and summer until potatoes are tender. Make sure you are tasting the broth to adjust seasoning.
- When the potatoes are tender, scoop out 1/8-1/4 of the soup and pour in a blender. Blend with coconut milk until smooth. (for a chunky consistency, use 2-3 cups of the soup) pour back into pot and stir. The creamy texture will come from the mimic of dairy.
- Last, stir in the chopped kale and let it sit for a few minutes and then, serve.
- Make sure to taste to check your seasoning. Seasoning is so important to add layers to create depth of flavor.