Our Thanksgiving dinner would not be complete without this scrumptious Sweet Potato Casserole. It's as delicious as a dessert and the number one requested recipe for this special occasion meal.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled (enough to yield 3 cups mashed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Cut sweet potatoes into thirds and boil in a large stock pot of water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender (easily pierced with a fork). Drain well.
2. In a large bowl, add cooked potatoes and all ingredients in sweet potato mixture. Mash until well combined and potatoes are smooth.
3. Pour into greased 9 X 13 glass baking dish (2 quart dish).
4. In medium bowl, combine crust topping ingredients (brown sugar, butter, flour, and pecans) and spread evenly over sweet potatoes.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Shauna Evans, author of Sweet and Savory, Skinny-licious, and 30-Minute Meals for Families