Toast piled high with toppings is a popular food trend, and for good reason...toast is not just delicious, but fun to eat. This easy, cheesy shrimp toast recipe makes a great pot luck dish, appetizer, or lunch.
Chipotle Shrimp Ciabatta Toast
- 1/4 Cup, plus two Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp, thawed & diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped, divided
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split (or one loaf ciabatta bread cut into 12 squares)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Set a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, and the shrimp. Cook just until the garlic is fragrant and the shrimp is warmed through. Add the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir to coat the shrimp, then remove from heat.
3. Add the grated fontina, the mayonnaise, minced jalapeños, and half of the chopped cilantro to a mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
4. Place the ciabatta rolls, split side up onto a sheet pan. Brush the rolls with the remaining olive oil. Place rolls into the oven for 8 minutes to toast.
5. Add the shrimp mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture evenly onto the rolls. Bake rolls for 10 to 12 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
6. Top the toasts with Parmesan and the remaining chopped cilantro. Serve warm.
For more delicious recipes, visit HaveYourselfATime.com or @HaveYourselfATime on Instagram.