Butternut Squash Bruschetta
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into small bite-size cubes (microwave whole squash for 4 minutes to make it easier to cut)
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 TBS Chicken Stock
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 jar Fig Preserves
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 slices Ciabatta Bread
- 16 oz log Goat Cheese
- ½ cup chopped Roasted Pistachios
- 1 TBS Fresh Thyme Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a sheet pan with heavy duty foil.
3. Place cut butternut squash on pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
4. Season with kosher salt and pepper and toss together.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
6. While butternut cooks, sauté onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. 7. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions are golden.
8. Place cooked onions in a food processor with a jar of fig preserves and balsamic vinegar.
9. Pulse to combine.
10. Allow to cool.
11. Brush bread slices with olive oil.
12. Place on a sheet pan and toast lightly in oven.
13. Smear goat cheese on bread.
14. Top with pieces of roasted butternut, a drizzle of fig onion sauce, chopped pistachios and fresh thyme.
Lifestyle and entertaining expert Mandy Landefeld, who has a big personality and an even bigger belief that nothing is impossible, is the powerhouse behind the Sumptuous Living brand. Her 12-year career as a designer and decorator as well as her countless guest chef demonstrations enable her to tackle interior design, cooking and cocktail appearances and travel guides to show her blog readers how to make the everyday easier. Sumptuous Living encourages readers to follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for more behind-the-scenes footage and instructional videos. Visit sumptuousliving.net for more.