Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Trim the root ends off of the Brussels and cut in half lengthwise.
- Toss the brussels in the oil, salt and pepper and place in a 350F oven for around 16 minutes.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and place in the oven for around 6 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- While the Brussels are cooking, heat the remaining oil in a sauté pan and cook the mushrooms until they are tender.
- When everything is finished cooking, toss together and serve.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.