Raw Chef Wendy shared a holiday recipe that will be the perfect healthy treat for your little holiday helpers. From family dinner to holiday parties, these cookies are sweet for everyone to eat.
Berry Shortbread Christmas Cookies
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 up dates
- In a food processor, process cashews until small pieces.
- Add shredded coconut and remaining ingredients and process until incorporated.
- Take 3/4 of the mixture and press into an 8" X 8" baking dish, set aside.
- Make berry jam by processing dates first in the same food processor bowl and add the berries. Mix well until mixture is somewhat smooth.
- Spread berry jam over the crust and sprinkle remaining 1/4 of the shortbread mixture on top.
- Dehydrate overnight if you want a "baked" cookie texture or if you're in a hurry, place them in the freezer for a couple of hours to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.