Mandy Merriman from Baking With Blondie shared a treat that has got us feeling all things fall!
Baked Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Makes 6 large doughnuts
- 1 C + 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C whole milk
Cinnamon sugar coating:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz a doughnut baking pan with a little cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a medium separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, melted butter, and milk. Gently fold in the wet mixture to the dry (be very careful to not overmix).
- Place entire mixture into a large ziploc bag (then cut off a corner) or large piping bag without a tip, and pipe the doughnut dough into the 6 doughnut rounds. There should be exactly enough dough for 6 doughnuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn doughnuts over onto a wire rack for cooling.
- To make the cinnamon sugar coating, place the melted butter in a shallow bowl and stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl. When the doughnuts are completely cooled, dunk one half of each doughnut into the butter, and then straight into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place back onto the wire rack. Serve immediately, and enjoy!