BAKIN' BILL'S BAKED HALIBUT WITH CRISPY CRUMBS
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 large egg yoke
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) skinless halibut or cod fillets
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Melt butter in 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic & thyme and cook 30 seconds while stirring. Add bread crumbs & pepper stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley & transfer to shallow dish and set aside;
- Whisk mayonnaise, egg yoke, orange zest and pepper together in a bowl. Pat fish dry with paper towel and season with salt & pepper. Coat top of fillet evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Dredge coated side in bread crumb mixture. Pour olive oil in skillet. Place fish crumb side up in the cast-iron skillet place in oven. Bake until center is opaque and fish registers 135 degrees.
Serve with side dish of steamed vegetables or seasoned rice.
See the full segment above. For more recipes visit Bakin Bill's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bakin.johnson.
This story includes sponsored content.