- 8 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12-15 strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 passion fruit, cut into large cubes or slices
- 3 kiwis, peeled and med diced
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil.
- In stand mixer, with whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tarter on medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Continue whisking while slowly adding the granulated sugar.
- Beat for another 8-10minutes. Sugar will dissolve and egg whites will become shiny and firm.
- Scoop mixture into a circle shape on to the middle of cookie sheet.
- Use a small spatula to create a decorative design.
- Carefully place in oven.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, or until firm to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and prop the oven door.
- Allow the Pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- When ready to serve place on decorative plate and carefully decorate with fresh fruit.
- If desired, Pavlova may be served with fresh whipped cream. Spoon into the center of Pavlova, then decorate with fresh fruit.