Sugar Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding
(Dairy and Gluten-Free)
- 1 13.5-oz can of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup of Xylo Sweet Xylitol
- 1/3 cup of Small Pearl Tapioca
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon of table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or seeds of 1 segment of
- vanilla bean
- In a medium saucepan soak the small tapioca pearls and coconut milk for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the XyloSweet, egg yolk, and salt bringing it to a simmer and stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium low while stirring continuously for 15 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla until smooth.
- Divide between 4 custard cups or ramekins and chill in refrigerator until set for 2 to 3 hours.
Serves 4 with each 1/2 cup serving having each 17g. of carbs
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.