Jaden Olsen and her mom Sabrina joined us today for Kids in the Kitchen. Jaden shared her pot of gold cupcake recipe in celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
Pot of Gold Cupcakes
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz. Package Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3-5 drops Kelly Green Gel Coloring
Pot of Gold:
- 24 Peanut Butter Cups
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Celebration Gold Candy Pearls
- 24 Airheads Extremes Rainbow Strips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line cupcake pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ½ - ¾ full.
- Reduce heat to 350 F.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and move cupcakes to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on low speed for about three minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- While whipping on low speed, add in vanilla, heavy cream, and gel coloring and turn the speed up to medium high to whip for 1-2 minutes.
Pipe on Pot of Gold:
- Using the back of a small spoon, even spread a tiny bit of peanut butter on the peanut butter cup.
- Stick the candy pearls to it, as you stack, gently touch each pearl to some peanut butter before adding it to secured it to the others.
- Press peanut butter cup into the cupcake frosting.
- Take Airheads Extremes and stick each end into the frosting to make the rainbow.
- You can use a toothpick to help support it.