Quinn shared some easy grilling tips that everybody can do!
- Don't have a smoker? Don't need one. Wrap up some hickory pellets in foil and poke small holes in the foil so they can burn and release smoke and flavor to whatever you have on the grill.
- Rubs are easy to make OR you can easily find some local experts: the workers behind meat counter at your grocery store!
- Never know when your meat is cooked just the way you want it? Dump the guessing game and buy a thermometer.These gadgets can bring your meat to the perfect temperature and let you know how your meat is cooking every step of the way.
- Syringes aren't just for the doctor's office. They can actually be used to bring your meat to the perfect degree of marination. Slapping marinade on your steaks or big cuts and letting it soak can only go sink in so far into a large piece of meat. For the best flavor, buy a large syringe and inject the meat with the marinade!
- Keep a spray bottle of water close by for better control of the chance of a grease fire, which can completely ruin the food on the grill.
- Also, keep a spray bottle of apple juice around! Spray your meat while it's grilling to keep it moist while giving it some extra flavor. (This is great for chicken!)
Get the book "Where There's Smoke, There's Barbecue" here!
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.