3 Common mistakes that cause plateaus and then the things that will keep the progress coming
Plateau #1 -
- Too much of a decrease in calories, we've all heard it but people KEEP DOING IT!
- Calories DO need to be decreased to lose weight, but viewers need to determine THEIR calorie needs... not what worked for their neighbor.
- Estimate metabolism and create a 20% deficit
- Total Health and Fitness will measure your metabolism for FREE
- Your body adapts to the exercises you do in only a few weeks
- Change up MULTIPLE variables in your routine every couple of weeks
- Weight loss and an increase in fitness level require your body to be more efficient. It takes less energy to carry 140lbs up the stairs than the 160 you used to be!
- Rather than continuing to cut calories, focus on an increase of what you do burn
- HIIT training and resistance training will have your body burning fat long after you leave the gym
Visit www.TotalHealthandFitness.com to sign up for a FREE body composition test.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.