- Denny’s is committed to the health and wellness of every community we serve. Part of that mission is supporting organizations that are making a difference in the lives of others, especially children.
- That’s why for the fourth year in a row Denny’s is supporting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising funds to help develop new, improved treatments for pediatric cancer, the number one cause of death by disease in children in the U.S.
- Throughout the month of June, all 15 Denny’s throughout the Salt Lake City area are selling paper “cookies” with the goal of raising $350,000 system-wide by the end of the month.
- Our customers can purchase a paper “cookie” for $1, $5, $10 or a donation of his or her choice, sign their name and include a personal message on each cookie before they are proudly placed on the walls of our diners in a show of support.
- 100% of the proceeds will directly benefit Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
- Thanks to the generosity of our kind-hearted guests, Denny’s has raised nearly $250,000 for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer since 2011, fully funding two pediatric cancer research grants. We hope our commitment to and support of this wonderful organization will help to make a continued difference in the lives of those children who need it most.
With 15 participating Denny’s locations, it’s convenient for anyone in the Salt Lake community to drop in and support such a worthwhile cause.
Participating Denny’s diners in the Salt Lake City area include:
- 2025 S. 900 West (Salt Lake City)
- 401 W. 7200 South (Midvale)
- 1172 W. 2100 S. (West Haven)
- 991 N. 400 West (Layton)
- 1250 Washington Blvd (Ogden)
- 1460 N. 1750 W. (Springville)
- 7051 S. 1300 E. (Midvale)
- 420 W. 4500 South (Murray)
- 101 N 1200 E. (Lehi)
- 1701 W. North Temple (Salt Lake City)
- 1680 N. 200 West (Provo)
- 1605 E. Saddleback Blvd. (Lake Point)
- 2341 W. Main (Tremonton)
- 485 N. State St. (Orem)
- 5805 S. Harrison Blvd. (South Ogden)
- 1597 S. Main St. (Nephi)
- 250 W. 500 South (Salt Lake City)
- 10646 S. 300 West (S Jordan)
- 989 N. Highway 191 (Moab)
- 255 N. 1100 West (Cedar City)
About Cookies for Kids’ Cancer
- Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was founded in 2008 by the mother of a young boy named Liam who was diagnosed with cancer as a toddler.
- Sadly, Liam lost his battle with the disease in 2011 at the age of six.
- The organization generates the majority of its funds each year through grassroots events like bake sales held across the country and fundraising efforts from its partners like Denny’s.
- Pediatric cancer claims the lives of more children annually than any other disease – more than asthma, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis and AIDS combined.
- Cookies for Kids’ Cancer provides annual research grants to five of the nation’s leading pediatric cancer centers (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Texas Children’s Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Center) to help advance the development of less toxic, more effective treatments for children battling cancer.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.