Myth 1: It's all about looks
- While the majority of patients believe how they looks plays a significant role in their overall health and well-being, the majority of patients actually do have realistic expectations and feet healthier, less anxious, and had more self confidence after surgery.
Myth 2: It's too expensive
- Thanks to technology, there are more less-invasive procedures at lower costs such as fillers and injections.
Myth 3: You'll have unsightly scars
- Any type of surgery will result in some scars, but plastic surgeons are trained in the art of aesthetics and are capable of hiding and minimizing any visible scars.
Myth 4: Lipo = Weight Loss
- Liposuction contours the body by removing fat, but gaining weight will put fat back on, sometimes in different places. Consistent exercise after lipo keeps the bad fats from forming in the stomach area.
Myth 5: Implants Affect Breastfeeding
- Most patients who get implants can still breastfeed. There is a small percentage of women who can't breastfeed, but they aren't the majority.
You can find Dr. Dunkley at Envision Cosmetic Surgery or call 801-268-2650
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.