Good Things Utah Pin of the Week… Asian Bowtie Pasta
Presented by: Shyloh Belnap
I am so excited to present my FAVORITE Pinterest recipe to you! Here is the original Pin
I followed the original recipe with just a FEW changes!
- 1 lb Farfalle (bowtie) pasta (I used the mini farfalle)
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- I used a handful (to your taste) of Peppers. I like to use smaller sweet peppers. I LOVE sweet and I think they are much easier to cut!
- 1 cup of Green Onions, diced
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (put more chicken if you want it meatier)
- 6 tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups washed Baby Spinach
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes
Boil and cook pasta according to directions (al dente). Make sure to salt the cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
Return the pasta pot back to the stove. (You don't need to wash it.) Add the Canola Oil, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Honey, and Rice Wine Vinegar. Heat over low heat until the honey is dissolved.
Remove from heat and toss in the pasta.
Add the Peppers, Chicken, Green Onions, Red Pepper, Sesame Seeds, Cilantro and Red Pepper Flakes. Toss well to coat all the ingredients.
I think this tastes extra yummy if you leave it overnight at this point or even for a few hours to marinate the flavor. (not required!)
Before serving, toss the pasta with the spinach, to keep the vibrant green as much as possible.
This can be chilled or served warm at room temperature.
For detailed pictures and instructions, you can visit my blog!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.