More than 40 percent of men between ages 18 and 50 don’t have a primary care physician
Why do men avoid seeing their health care provider?
- Don’t have a doctor
- No insurance
- Nothing is wrong, you feel good
- Lack of time
- You don’t want to spend the money
- Doctors don’t do anything
- Don’t want to hear the truth
- Uncomfortable being examined
- You tough it out
- Your significant other encouraging you to get a checkup
Men’s Health Issues
- Low testosterone is it real or not?
- Low T symptoms: decreased energy, mood, increase in body fat
- There’s been an increase of pharmaceutical testosterone ads and you shouldn’t be on treatments for it without consulting with your physician to get the best care.
- A secondary issue to this is erectile dysfunction, which is important to receive the right care.
Men’s Health Tips
- Maintain a healthy heart with diet, exercise and sleep
- Schedule a check-up
Men’s Health Clinic
- We have a Men’s Health Center at the South Jordan Health Center that provides comprehensive care and allows a patient to see multiple specialties at one location.
- On June 21 there will be a Men’s Health Clinic, where you or your men can schedule an appointment to come get a health checkup along with breakfast and ESPN during a one-stop medical visit.
- Get a physical exam and tests, meet with a physical therapist and dietitian; all at once visit mensclinic.uofuhealth.org or call (801) 213-8803 to register.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.