Opens to the public on May 15, 2014
The Museum of Natural Curiosity in the Barbara Barrington Jones Family Foundation Building will host five main exhibit areas:
- Rainforest Explore the ancient chambers and rope bridges, crawl inside the 45-foot-tall monkey head and pretend to fly the Piper Cub airplane.
- Water Works Prepare to get wet as you explore science with water, wind, sun and earth.
- Kidopolis Join the town of Kidopolis to discover secret passageways, perform tricks at the magic shop and run the locomotive at the train station.
- Discovery Garden Learn about nature and the six simple machines in the Archimedes playground.
- Traveling Exhibits Provided by San Francisco’s Exploratorium, the exhibits will teach guests about the world through science, art, and human perception.
More than 400 interactive experiences are in the museum that relate to science, arts, history and culture through a unique interdisciplinary approach to family learning!T
Museum of Natural Curiosity will be open Monday-Saturday · 10 am – 8 pm (Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day) Admission is $15/adult, $12/children (3-12 years) and seniors. Free for Thanksgiving Point Members.
For more information, visit thanksgivingpoint.org/curious.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.