Craft master Lisa Berrett brought in a great craft today that is fun to make and even more fun to play with. Gather up your supplies because it is time to make PVC Bow and Arrows!
- ½ inch PVC pipe
- Duct Tape
- Pipe glue
- Nylon Rope
- Foam pipe covers
- Embossing tool
- Sand paper
- Cut your pipe into 3 equal pieces
- Heat up the PVC pipe in the middle it only takes a few minutes. Next bend it to the shape that you want be careful it’s HOT!
- Cut your Foam pipe cover about 6 inches and slide onto the Bow.
- Cut a one inch notch into the ends of the pipe. Next place the knot into the notch. Pull tight and make sure the end won’t slip or come out.
- Sand the edges where you cut the PVC pipe so it’s smooth.
- Cut enough string so you have enough to tie a knot at each end of the bow and burn it so it won’t fray.
- Wrap Duct tape around each end of the Bow over the string so it won’t pop out.
- Add Duct tape around the foam so it keeps it in place. Now you can decorate your bow any way you like.
- I cut my dowels into 16 inches that seems to work good
- For the ends of the Arrow I glued on erasers and cut a notch in the other end to fit on my string.
- One 10’ pipe will make 3 bows. Cut it into three equal pieces.
- Pull your string really tight and leave extra just in case you need to tighten it later.
- It takes lots of practice but you will master it and have hours of fun.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.