Make your own Rosette Heart Wreath with this DIY design from Amber Packer. For more ideas visit amberpacker.com or follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: @amberpacker.
- 3 1/3 yards red 72” felt (or any color)
- 2” x 2’ x 4’ foam insulation (or Premade Wreath Form)
- Fabric scissors, flat heat pins, serrated kitchen knife or foam cutting tool, hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Decide on the size of your heart. My door is 36” wide, I decided on a foam heart with the outer dimensions of 20” w X 25 ½” h. When complete, the heart will be about 26” w X 30” h.
HINT: I like wreaths that are substantial, but still leave about 4 – 6” of the door showing on the sides.
Because I wanted the heart form in a size that could not be purchased from a craft store, I needed to make my own wreath base. I purchased 2” x 2’ x 4’ insulation foam from my local hardware store. I then drew a heart, scanned it and printed it large (using multiple pieces of paper). I hung the pattern on my door to make sure I liked the sizing.
- Tape the pattern to one side of the insulation foam and cut using a serrated knife (of foam cutting tool, I used a serrated knife). This process is messy. Keep the vacuum close by and vacuum often.
- Using serrated knife, shape the top of the heart
- Cut: 3 yards of felt into 6x6 squares
- Cut: 3-4, 1 ½” x 72” felt strips
- Wrap with heart form with felt strips. Secure using flat head pins
- Hand cut spiral flower forms (image on www.amberpacker.com)
HINT: If you would rather not cut out the spiral flowers, check out the Stampin’ Up Spiral Flower Die and Big Shot die cutter
- Roll spiral flower rosette, starting at the outside edge. Coil a little loose. (A tighter coil will result in a smaller flower).
- Add hot glue (low setting) to flower center. Press center with glue to coiled felt to create flower shape.
- Glue finished flowers to wreath form.
- Add a ribbon to hand from