Today on Good 4 Utah Gardens Gretchen and George talk about a new perennial species of peonys…A cross between grandma’s old fashioned peony and the tree peony. These new hybrids give us the best of both worlds including the following attributes:
- Herbaceous foliage like a garden peony, in some cases a more narrow, finely cut leaf; attractive out of bloom
- Tree peony type blooms that are held upright, on more sturdy stems
- Large flowers 6-8” in size
- 5-6 year old plants have been reported to have 50-60 blooms
- Monrovia produces a 3-year old 5 gallon, to bring a flowering Itoh to the consumer. Peonies are
- sensitive to planting too deep. The container product makes planting at the correct depth easy.
- Heavy bloomer due to its higher than average number of secondary buds
- Full to Partial sun
- 20-30” Tall x similar spread
- Amending soil with organic matter is recommended
- Lifespan of Itoh – multiple generations…will literally outlive you!
Can meditation be beneficial to you?
Spring Cleaning does not have to be time consuming or full of…
If you've never listened to podcasts before, Christopher joined us to…