Max Gonzales from the Utah Education Network (UEN) shared four ways you can best help your student prep for college. He explained it is never to early for your student to start thinking about college and they can start to gather information for their resume as early as 8th grade.
- Narrow down your college choices to your top 3 schools
- Create a resume of all your high school activities and achievements
- Find 5 recommenders
- Realize there are resources to help
Visit the following UEN resources to make the search for college, scholarships, and even occupation ideas:
- College Research: utahfutures.org/schools/search
- Occupation Search: utahfutures.org/occupations/search