Paul and Jaron of Instagram: @slcflightwatch joined us today for our GTU Travel Week to share how they find their flights without special software, miles or points... and for cheap too!
Google Flight Tool
- Easy to read calendar view to find the cheapest flight within a month
- No more clicking back and forth each day wasting time
- Can search up to 5 destination and departure cities in one search
Kayak.com- Explore Feature
- Has a world map view showing ALL prices at one time
- Select departure city and maximum ticket price which will show you when and where you can fly for that price.
Top Tips for booking a cheap flight:
- Be Flexible
- The more flexible you are, the more opportunities you’ll have at finding a cheap fare
- Check Flights Frequently
- Set fair alerts to your top destinations through Google. When there is a significant fare change price, Google will automatically alert you
- Follow Instagram pages like @slcflightwatch that search these fares for you
- Book now, plan later
- The department of transportation requires airlines give customers 24 hours from time of booking to cancel their flight with no penalty as long as the flight is more than 7 days out…..even if the flight is non refundable
- Book the flight…. Worry about getting time off, babysitters, etc over the next 24 hours.
- Book tentative people on separate reservations to avoid cancelling the entire reservation.
- Book directly through the airline
- Should something go wrong, al too often third parties love to pass the blame and your hands are tied. Save yourself the possible headache and book direct.
Feeling stressed? It's time to declutter and organize.
Make your interior and exterior Springtime ready
Plus 4 things to add to your cleaning list.