09/05/2017 - SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) Peach Days is coming up in Brigham City, so we're talking Peachy Keen French Toast with peach queen Shawntae Lund on Good Morning Utah with Brian Carlson.
Peach Days is Friday and Saturday September 8th and 9th. It's over 100 years old and started in 1904 bringing around 50,000 people come each year.
There will be over 900 cars at the car show, and it is a free Car Show for attendees and participants.
There will also be over 200 vendor booths including over 30 food vendors.
Peach Fritters, Dutch Oven peach cobbler, Fresh Peaches, Fresh Peach Pies, Peach Icecream, Peach Smoothies, and Peach Pulled Pork Tacos are just some of the peach dishes offered.
A Voice Male Acapella Group is performing on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. It's a free Concert on the Main Street Stage and the parade is Saturday at 10 a.m.
Peachy Keen French Toast
1 small package (3 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
1 cup fresh peaches (finely chopped)
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
5 eggs, beaten
12 slices of bread
1. Prepare pudding according to package directions
2. Fold in chopped peaches, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add eggs and mix well
3. Dip bread slices into mixture
4. Cook on well-greased skillet over medium heat, turning frequently so toast doesn't scorch.
5. Top with peach syrup, maple syrup, or butter, cinnamon, and powdered sugar. Don't forget the fresh peaches!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
3 cups fresh peaches pureed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan
2. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute.
3. Add peach puree, return to low boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in lemon juice
5. Pour over item. Store any remaining syrup in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
Need help finding gifts for the last few people on your list?…
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) Looking for made-in-Utah…
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) The Federal…