Clogged drains can be a real pain, so what's the best way to clean them out?
Expert Michael Hail, from Budget Plumbing shares some tips.
- No caustic chemicals down drains that are plugged
- If you are going to use an acid based drain cleaner, only use as preventative
- Natural enzymes for drain maintenance (not corrosive or harmful).
- Use strainers, no heavy fruits and vegetables down disposal, nothing larger than crumb size.
- When cleaning counters, let hot water run down the drains.
- For a thorough cleaning we suggest high pressure water jetting (scrubs the pipe 360 degrees with special nozzles).