Most people think of Harmons for groceries, but did you know that they have a 9,000 square foot state-of-the-art floral design and distribution center in the heart of West Valley City?
Harmons floral design and distribution center employs 9 full-time floral designers and 13 part time floral associates with a combined 130 years of floral experience.
Want something unique for your mom? Harmons offers several special Mother's Day arrangements and can also create unique custom designs to fit every taste and budget.
If flowers aren't her thing, you can pick up everything you need for a delicious breakfast in bed.
Harmons also has amazing local bath products from "The Soap Lady," fantastic kitchenware items in the home department, gift certificates for a cooking class and more.
For a fun Mother's Day treat Saturday, May 10th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., you can bring your kids to any Harmons location to decorate a mini cake for mom, along with a custom card.
Make your mom feel special this Mother's Day. Pick up some beautiful flowers, get a cooking school gift card, or have the kids decorate a special cake at Harmons!
Stop by your local store or order online at: Harmons Grocery.
Mother's Day Brunch - Liege Chocolate Chip Waffles
¾ cup whole milk, scald then cool slightly
2 tablespoons water, lukewarm
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons dry active yeast
2 large eggs
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
4 cups bread flour
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Add 1½ teaspoons of sugar water and add the yeast, stirring to combine. Allow the yeast to proof, or get foamy and puffy.
2. In mixing bowl of stand mixture, with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars. Stop and scrape.
3. With mixer running, add the eggs one at a time. Stop and scrape.
4. Add honey and vanilla bean paste. Stop and scrape.
5. Stir together cooled milk and the yeast mixture.
6. Again with mixer on low speed add yeast milk mixture.
7. Continue mixing adding flour 1 cup time.
8. After half the flour is added change attachment to dough hook.
9. Add remaining flour.
10. Mix until the dough is thoroughly incorporated.
11. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours in refrigeration.
12. When ready to cook waffles, punch down and lightly knead in the chocolate chips.
13. Separate into 8 to 10 balls and place on a hot, greased waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
14. Serve with favorite toppings.
*Note - Harmons recommends helping your kids make the dough Saturday night so they can easily cook the waffles on Sunday morning.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.