Serves: 10 to 12 as an appetizer/finger food
4 zucchini, slices into ¾ inch x ¾ inch x 2 ½ inch sticks
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1/8-1/4 teaspoon (more or less as desired) cayenne pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs, processed fine
½ cup egg whites, whisked until foamy
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Create a breading station by placing the all-purpose flour, cayenne, salt and pepper in one platter or pie dish. In the next, place whisked egg whites. In the last platter or pie dish place the fine panko crumbs and also season these with salt and pepper.
3. Place a few zucchini sticks in flour, shake off excess. Next roll sticks in egg whites and shake off excess. Finally, roll sticks in panko and then place on cookie sheet. Continue this process until all zucchini sticks have been breaded.
4. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
Turkey and Provolone Wrap with Homemade Honey Mustard
Serves: 16 to 20 as an appetizer/finger food
1 pound Boars Head Cajun Turkey
1 pound Boars Head Provolone
6 large wraps (Any flavored or plain is great)
2 cups fresh spinach or any mixed greens (if desired)
For honey mustard:
½ cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon Sesame oil
3 tablespoons Honey
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1. Place all honey mustard ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well blended. Add water to loosen if necessary. Reserve.
2. Lay wrap flat on cutting board. If using greens, place a very thin layer of greens on wrap. Next layer a thin layer of turkey onto greens. Finally, layer cheese over turkey, also a very thin layer. (Your cheese and turkey layers should cover the middle of the wrap leaving an inch 2 inch border around entire wrap).
2. Starting at the bottom, fold wrap upwards, touching the bottom border to the center of the circle. Fold both left and right sides inwards to close off ends and then finish rolling wrap.
3. Place hors de oeuvres toothpicks into wrap along seam side, each about 1 ½ inches apart. Slice wrap on a bias and serve with homemade honey mustard.
Ham, Cheddar and Apple Croissants
Serves: 12 to 16 as an appetizer/finger food
8 Harmons Croissants
1 pound Boars Head Sweet Slice Ham
1 pound Boars Head Yellow Vermont Cheddar
2 granny smith apples, slice 1/8 inch thin
Boars Head Pepperhouse Gourmaise
1. Split each croissant and then spread both sides with pepperhouse gourmaise.
2. Layer 1 to 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese and then a thin layer of apples.
3. Close croissant and place 4 hors de oeuvres toothpicks into croissant. Cut between each toothpick for four bites per croissant. Serve as is or for a hot version, before cutting, place on a Panini press.
For more information, please visit: Harmons.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.