85°F
Sponsored by

Tooele house fire hurts 25-year-old man

TOOELE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A 25-year-old man is fighting for his life at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
TOOELE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A 25-year-old man is fighting for his life at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.

He was trapped inside a burning home when it caught fire Wednesday morning after 3:00 a.m. at 555 Isgreen Circle in Tooele.

It is a total loss. The fire consumed the inside of the structure and left the roof sagging in at least two places.

The Draper family was asleep in the home when it caught fire. Three children and two parents were able to escape, but a 25-year-old son was trapped in the basement.

Fire crews pulled his body out and performed CPR. He was later flow to IMC in Murray.

Assistant Fire Chief Bucky Whitehouse of the Tooele Fire Department says took his crew about 35 minutes to get the fire under control.

Neighbors say they woke to exploding car tires and ran outside to see the commotion.

"Came rushing out and the whole street was filled with smoke and we saw the family coming from the home," said Erica Feuerbach.

Whitehouse says the fire started near the south end of the home.

The 25-year-old man remained at IMC Wednesday night.




Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
local-businesses.png
cars.png dixie-local.jpg

Popular Stories on Facebook