The film crew called 911 and started rolling on the action.
"We were all like our cars are parked there, and of the sudden it was pure chaos,” Preston Wood said.
Wood works with Love Communications. He and a film crew were finishing up a short film when they noticed the flames.
The blaze sparked up next to the popular “Garage” bar on Beck street in Salt Lake.
“We just needed to pick up a couple more shots when one of our talent went outside and said ‘There's a fire out back!’" Wood said.
Flames scorched the outside of the bar and left behind smoke damage inside.
“Garage” bar owner Bob McCarthy is thankful the building is still standing.
"Really I'm just happy to that this uh that it didn't burn to the ground and they're going to be able to rebuild,” McCarthy said.
The fire may have done damage, but it didn’t stop crews from finishing the film.
"So we do have the ending to our film,” Wood added. “We do have a great ending."