Despite severe fire danger state officials are allowing the use of Class C fireworks-- the kind you use at home which went on sale today.
But that is causing concern for firefighters.
“With these conditions, fireworks during the holiday season you're going to really need to be careful where you use them and when you use them,” said Captain Brett James, SLC Fire.
Right now the state is dry and in almost drought like conditions meaning just one spark could cause a serious fire.
“With these drought conditions we've been experiencing the last couple years, the grass and the fuels are drying out even earlier, so we're about two weeks ahead of where we should be right about now as far as our conditions go for burning,” said James.
Firefighters warn if you are going to use fireworks, make sure you're not in a restricted zone and that your house isn't in danger before lighting the fuse.
“You have grasses and dry shrubbery next to a home the grass can catch on fire and then catch shrubbery which can cause the house to burn or if you get shingle roofs with fireworks landing on top of that than that can cause homes to burn,” said James.