68°F
Sponsored by

Torch causes 2-alarm fire

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Cpt. Clint Mecham with Unified Fire Authority says a blow torch is to blame for a 2-alarm fire that happened Sunday afternoon.
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Cpt. Clint Mecham with Unified Fire Authority says a blow torch is to blame for a 2-alarm fire that happened Sunday afternoon.

It happened around 4:30 p.m. at 8010 South Royal Lane in Cottonwood Heights.

Cpt. Mecham says that the homeowner was trying to unthaw frozen pipes when the blow torch caught insulation on fire. It spread quickly to the exterior of the home.

Crews were able to knock the fire down but extensive damage was caused to the exterior of the home.

Fire officials say hair dryers and wet towels are a better, alternate solution to unfreezing pipes.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
local-businesses.png
cars.png dixie-local.jpg

Popular Stories on Facebook