Starburst Hand Roll
3 cups of uncooked Japanese medium-grain rice
3 cups of water
6 tablespoons of rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of mirin
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker and mix rice sauce when rice is fully cooked.
2. Start with a half-sheet of seaweed.
3. Place a small handful of rice on one side.
4. Place sushi ingredients diagonally across the rice, pointing to the corner.
5. Begin by folding the corner around the rice and the filling like an ice cream cone.
6. With the first fold tucked in, begin to roll the long part of the seaweed around the rice and filling.
7. Continue rolling until you reach the end of the seaweed.