She has been to New York to help Superstorm Sandy victims three times. She's also been to Louisiana after Hurricane Isaac. Tina has also deployed several times during last summer's wildfires across the state.
Tina is deploying again to New York on March 6th.
Teresa Zundel says the American Red Cross depends on volunteers like Tina.
The Red Cross also just unveiled a "Tornado App". It offers:
- · Proactive alerts-siren sounds even when app is not open. Know when you and/or loved ones are in harm's way.
- · Monitor locations where your loved ones live
- · One-touch Red Cross shelter finder
- · One-touch "I'm Safe" messaging
- · Safety and preparedness information
- · Digital family preparedness template that can be completed and shared online
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
For more information, please visit: http://www.redcross.org.