Clogged drains can be a real pain, so what's the best way to clean them out?
Expert Michael Hail, from Budget Plumbing shares some tips.
- No caustic chemicals down drains that are plugged
- If you are going to use an acid based drain cleaner, only use as preventative
- Natural enzymes for drain maintenance (not corrosive or harmful).
- Use strainers, no heavy fruits and vegetables down disposal, nothing larger than crumb size.
- When cleaning counters, let hot water run down the drains.
- For a thorough cleaning we suggest high pressure water jetting (scrubs the pipe 360 degrees with special nozzles).
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.